The Hot Club of San Francisco
is an ensemble of accomplished and versatile musicians celebrating the music of Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli’s pioneering Hot Club de France. The ensemble borrows the all-string instrumentation of violin, bass and guitars from the original Hot Club, but breathes new life into the music with innovative arrangements of classic tunes and original compositions from the group’s superb lead guitarist Paul Mehling. Hearing the ensemble live, or on any of their eight albums, carries the listener back to the 1930′s and to the small, smoky jazz clubs of Paris or the refined lounges of the famous Hotel Ritz. Often called gypsy jazz, the music of The Hot Club of San Francisco has entranced audiences around the globe for over 10 years. Critics have hailed the group’s playing as “intricate, scorching and often brilliant…” Acoustic Guitar . From festivals in Mexico and France to concert halls across North America , The Hot Club of San Francisco keeps this historic music fresh and alive.
Paul wrote us:
Thank you very much for this opportunity!
We’d be honored to be featured as artist of the month on your site.
We love K&K pickups:
* they are clear and true in reproducing the sound of our specific instruments
* they have a louder signal than most other pickups and therefore require less power to amplify which helps control feedback (of which there is very VERY little, if any) and tone.
* they are easy to install and do not change the acoustic tone of the instruments
* they are ‘invisible’ which helps maintain an aura of mystery and authenticity when playing acoustic music
* they are very affordable
* they are extremely reliable
We use the pickups with amps when we play in smaller venues and with any kind of sound reinforcement system for concert halls, big venues, etc. We have encountered zero limitations with these pickups.
We have just released our eleventh CD titled: “Bohemian Maestro-Django Reinhardt & the Impressionists” on AZICA (release date January 2009). Here’s the press release: http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs096/1101369207513/archive/1102281381612.html
For more information, check out www.HCSF.com
©K&K Sound Systems Inc | The Acoustic Pickup Authority
92798 Cape Arago Hwy, Coos Bay, Oregon 97420 | 541-888-3517 | Toll Free 1-800-867-6863 | www.kksound.com