Jig Installation for Pin Bridges (PDF)
Tips for Using the Cardboard Jig
With the cardboard jig, superglue the white pin into the hole to ensure it stays firmly in place throughout the whole installation process. Let the superglue dry fully before using the jig (wipe off any excess), otherwise it will stain your guitar’s bridge.
We’ve received feedback that the cardboard jig makes it difficult to see where to place the pickup on the jig. We’ve developed the following work-around:
1. Tape a slim piece of cardboard (a business card works well, you want something a bit rigid) above the top of the saddle, under the strings. Secure it with two pieces of non-marking tape.
2. Draw about 1 inch (2.5mm) long lines to mark the position of the stings.
3. Assemble the jig as described in the pickup manual. Please also refer to the main manual for detailed information about the installation procedure.
4. This photo shows the pickup/jig position for the high e string pickup, the pickup is located directly over the high e string and saddle.
5. This photo shows the pickup/jig position for the center pickup, the pickup is located between g and d string and over the saddle.
6. This photo shows the pickup/jig position for the low e and a string pickup, the pickup is located between low e and a string and over the saddle.
7. In some cases it may be helpful to mark the pickup position on the jig (one at a time) before final installation.